Systems Engineering is both an approach and, more recently, a discipline which is embraced in all the engineering services that Peritus offers to clients. Systems Engineering represents consideration for the entire system performance, including all the interfaces that integrate into the system components through out the system lifecycle. Systems Engineering integrates and oversees the overall system design process to assure that the efforts of the various participating groups result in the development of the system intended.
The Peritus Systems Engineering approach is the structured management of:
- Inter-discipline engineering to manage the interaction between the disciplines from a functional standpoint.
- Full asset lifecycle consideration.
- Interface engineering to manage and track the facility and equipment interfaces.
- Flow assurance and operability engineering to assure system performance satisfies design functional requirements.
- Risk and 'Safety in Design' process